Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Beginning

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from publishing anything on my blog. I became somewhat confused and disenchanted with the genealogy world, at large. Both unfair, unnecessary and pointless feelings on my part. I guess I allowed myself to think that the happenings 'out there' had to have an affect on my endeavors in the genealogy world in some way. I'm not sure why I let that happen. Human-ness, I suppose.

Anyway, one of the results of the pondering that ensued because of these feelings and observations is letting go of all of them. What happens 'out there' really, in the end, has very little to do with how I go about continuing my family history work. I will go on researching for myself and for others. I will go on learning everything I can about the family history world that will benefit me and those I teach, as well as those for whom I work. Regardless of how the genealogy world at large defines a genealogist, family historian, etc., I know what I can do and how I may go forward.

That figured out, and spoken in print, I am ready to get back to sharing some of our family history. I have a renewed enthusiasm for the research and for learning and for teaching. We'll see where it goes from here. 

Thanks for listening. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment