Happy National Family History Month!
In memory of-
b. 5 October 1823
What I think I know:
- Son of Dr. John and Sarah (Coryell) Everitt
- married twice; once to an Alice, and once to Myra A. Johnson
- The information appears to be from Our county and its people : a memorial history of Tioga County, New York, by LeRoy W. Kingman.
- He is my first cousin five times removed.
- A search at Find A Grave proved to be a treasure trove!
- Included in the information there are his birth date, October 1822 (a departure from what my records have) and a death year of 1910.
- There are extractions from several census records, all of which I could see in the results list at FamilySearch.
- Information about his marriage to Alice Jordan Sherwood is included (she was a widow), as well as a link to her Find A Grave memorial page.
- Links to the memorial pages for two children are also mentioned.
- He is buried in the Nichols Cemetery in Nichols, Tioga County, New York.
- There is a picture of his headstone, too.
- At FamilySearch, there is a record for Elmore Everitt, with sources linked to it. It was updated at recently as 1 July 2015 by a contributor.
- His birthday is recorded there as 5 October 1822. I did not locate a birth record, or any other official document that stated is birth date.
- His death year is recorded as 1910 without a location. In the five-minute search time, I did not see a death record or obituary.
- His marriage to Myrah A. Johnson is shown as having occurred on 27 May 1868 in Nichols, Tioga, New York. There is no documentation attached, no did I see any in my brief search.
- A quick Google search located references to Elmore in the Journal of Proceedings of the Board of Supervisors of Tioga County. He was mentioned by name on at least 29 pages as a member of that board.
It is easier to quickly find information for some people, than others.
This was a very satisfying search!