Thursday, October 1, 2015

Five-minute Family History Fun

Well, it is October!
Happy National Family History Month!

I'm going to celebrate by identifying one person from my database for each day of the month, one who was born on that date. Then, I'm going to spend five minutes seeing what I can find around the web about that person. It may not be proof positive, but it will be interesting. :) I'll post my results here each day. Wish me luck!

In memory of-

Remus A. Cowger
b. 1 Oct 1874
Indiana

From family records, I have Remus' birth date and state. I know his parents are Noah Noble and Mary E. (Collins) Cowger. He had at least three siblings, Jennie (who married a Russell), James, and Dora. He is my second cousin four times removed.

In 1880, Remus was living with his parents and siblings in Posey Township, Rush County, Indiana.

It appears that Remus died in 1903, and is buried in the Mount Jackson Cemetery in Indianapolis, Indiana. There is no personal information about him, but a Dora Cowger is also buried in the same cemetery, indicating that this is the correct person.

In this quick exercise, I wasn't able to locate any further records, like the 1900 census, or perhaps a marriage record. While we know there is always more, this is a beginning.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment